Old September 10th 04, 08:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling
njf>badger njf>badger is offline

Default Bus driver complaint and OYBike

Ian F. wrote:
rant

I downright refuse to stop before that green bit at the front of the lights
that meant for cyclists - I always stop on it! Why should the miserable,
pavement-pedallers have any more of the road than they already have? They've
got one lane, now they want two extra! When they pay road tax like we do,
then I might consider it!

/rant

Ian

Humm, illegal, its a bike only advanced stop line, however a lot of
traffic lights now have extra loops under them and change much
quicker/for longer (the ones outside here do). Most POB students either
don't sit over them, or just ride through the red and onto the
pavements, so the traffic never gets enough time to move more than one
car at a time, great traffic planning that.

Niel.