Old September 10th 04, 09:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Annabel Smyth Annabel Smyth is offline

Default Unenforceable banned right turn in Highgate London

Colin Rosenstiel wrote to uk.transport.london on Fri, 10 Sep 2004:

In article ,
(O-V R:nen) wrote:

(Colin Rosenstiel) writes:

You believe wrong. Road signs are controlled by domestic legislation
and not standardised across the EU.

Their appearance is somewhat standardized with the Vienna convention,
but their use, precise meaning and so on aren't.

FSVO "somewhat". I never cease to be amazed on overseas visits just how
different they are in other countries.

But at least they are the same sort of shape and size, and you know
roughly what they mean - in the USA, they are so utterly different that
driving there was a real problem until we got to know them.
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/