Old September 10th 04, 09:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Tim Tim is offline

Default Route 73 - New service levels

At the end of the first week of operation of the route 73 benders,
here's a few notes I have made on the level of service:

Seven Sisters Station, South bound, this morning (Friday), 0814;
waited until 0836 . No 73s. According to the timetable there should
have been five buses, at 0816,0822,0827,0833 and 0836 (after which we
have the normal 73 black-hole until 0940 at this end of the route).

Stoke Newington High St, Northbound, Wednesday, 1653; waited until
1729 (37 minutes). No 73s beyond Stoke Newington; according to the
timetable there should be one every 2 to 10 minutes up to Seven
Sisters. [Yes I know I could have got a swathe of other routes to
Seven Sisters, but I was dedicated to carrying on with my comparison].

Angel Islington, Northbound, Tuesday, 2155. Waited until 2212 (17
minutes), no 73s. According to the (www.tfl.gov.uk) timetable the
frequency should be 3-7 mins up to 2200 then 7-8 minutes until 0100.
Gave up and took a 341 instead, noticed on leaving Angel that a 73 had
at last arrived. However it terminated at Newington Green!

Conclusion: These are all trips I could have completed easily on a 73
two weeks ago; compared to the service on RouteMasters, the
bender-operated 73 route is appaling if your want to get to/from Seven
Sisters.

Tim