Old September 10th 04, 09:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling
Annabel Smyth Annabel Smyth is offline

Default Bus driver complaint and OYBike

Tom Anderson wrote to uk.transport.london on Thu, 9 Sep 2004:

Sadly, this also seems to apply at red lights. I've lost count of how many
times i've cycled up alongside a line of traffic at some lights and come
to rest a little way ahead of the stop line (i'm a sinner, i know), only
for the car next to me to rev up and move forward all of six inches to
draw level ...

The trouble is, for every sensible, courteous and law-abiding cyclist,
as members of this group surely are, there are enough of the other
kind.... I, as a pedestrian, was very nearly run over two days ago by a
cyclist who decided that the red light didn't apply to him - this was a
Pelican crossing, or whatever they're called nowadays. I'm in my 50s
and agile, but what if I'd been in my 80s and slow? I'd have had no
chance at all against him....

And, like motorists, or bus drivers, come to that, the few ghastly ones
tar all the good ones with the same brush.
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/