Old September 10th 04, 10:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Front seatbelt wearing

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004, Martin Rich wrote:

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 19:01:13 +0100, Tom Anderson
wrote:

Also, AIUI, belts are really only important in high-speed accidents;
nothing high-speed is likely to happen in London traffic.

This is rubbish, and a lot of road safety publicity over the past few
decades has aimed to dispel this myth. I'm shocked to come across
somebody who still believes it.

Well, given that i only learned to read in the early-to-mid 1980s, and
still don't drive, i'm afraid most of that publicity passed me by.

Still, thanks, and to Richard J, for correcting me.

tom

--
The revolving disc of plagues is particularly fun. -- greengolux