Old September 10th 04, 12:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Unenforceable banned right turn in Highgate London

In message , at
11:01:46 on Fri, 10 Sep 2004, Tom Anderson
remarked:
But I'm convinced the way ahead is to persuade the DfT
to modify it's view about no entry except cycles.

Do they say why they don't like that possibility? Perhaps they believe
it's not safe to have such a lane.

All we have to go on is the regulation, which is a bit short on
"explanation" (of the things they do allow, let alone the things they
don't). You'd have to do some real digging to see if the consultation
processes leading up to the formation of the regulation contained any
discussion of the various perms and combs of sign and plate.