Old September 10th 04, 01:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Jim Jim is offline

Default Route 73 - New service levels

"Colin Rosenstiel" wrote in message
In article ,
(Tim) wrote:

At the end of the first week of operation of the route 73 benders,
here's a few notes I have made on the level of service:

[Details of tale of woe snipped]

Conclusion: These are all trips I could have completed easily on a 73
two weeks ago; compared to the service on RouteMasters, the
bender-operated 73 route is appaling if your want to get to/from Seven
Sisters.

My observations at King's Cross almost bear this out. Before I almost
always saw one or more Routemaster 73s on my way (on a bike) from Platform
11 to Judd Street. This morning I saw one in the distance on Euston Rd and
caught up with a small convoy of two in Bloomsbury St about to turn into
New Oxford St.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

That reminds me, I saw a convoy of THREE bendy 73s on Essex road yesterday -
it looked like a train!!

With reduced service levels and fancy technology (these buses must have
gps?), surely they can prevent this bunching happening!!? Just indicate to
the driver to wait an extra minute at a few stops to let the bus in front
get ahead.

It must be more complex than that I know, but it drives me mad when 3 come
at once.

Jim