Old July 30th 03, 12:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ian Jelf Ian Jelf is offline

Default Ticketless Buses Zone 1?

In article , Dave
writes
CJG writes
Its only people in London who seem to have this idea that a bus pass
(or travel card) entitles them to get on the bus before the cash
customers.

Really?

The equivalent to a Travelcard in Tyne & Wear is a 'Network Travelticket'.
The T&Cs for the Travelticket *specifically* mention that holders do not
have priority over passengers paying cash fares. The fact that they have
taken the trouble to insert this into the T&Cs, leads me to infer that it
must have become an issue at some point.

Interestingly, I remember such a condition being specifically inserted
on WMPTE Travelcards as early as 1977; it may still be there on modern
day TWM or Centro equivalents. Ivor?!

I seem to recall the same being on Senior Citizen cards. I'll have a
look at my mother's when I next see her!
--
Ian Jelf, MITG, Birmingham, UK
Registered "Blue Badge" Tourist Guide for