Old September 10th 04, 04:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Nestor Badudoy Nestor Badudoy is offline

Default Route 73 - New service levels

Forget the bendy train, it's funny to watch three bendys fighting for road
space at Victoria Bus Station, with the 507 trying to get to Neathouse
Place, the 73 going towards Grosvenor Place and a 436 cutting them both up
as it crosses in front of them to get to Vauxhall Bridge Road!

Then again, I once saw three bendy buses SIDE BY SIDE at the traffic lights
about to leave the bus station, one from each of the afforementioned routes!
It looked like a bendy bus showroom!

Nestor.
--
Please remove the spam-deflecting X's to reply directly to me - or simply
reply to the group!

"Jim" wrote in message

"Colin Rosenstiel" wrote in message
In article ,
(Tim) wrote:

At the end of the first week of operation of the route 73 benders,
here's a few notes I have made on the level of service:

[Details of tale of woe snipped]

Conclusion: These are all trips I could have completed easily on a 73
two weeks ago; compared to the service on RouteMasters, the
bender-operated 73 route is appaling if your want to get to/from Seven
Sisters.

My observations at King's Cross almost bear this out. Before I almost
always saw one or more Routemaster 73s on my way (on a bike) from

Platform
11 to Judd Street. This morning I saw one in the distance on Euston Rd

and
caught up with a small convoy of two in Bloomsbury St about to turn into
New Oxford St.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

That reminds me, I saw a convoy of THREE bendy 73s on Essex road

yesterday -
it looked like a train!!

With reduced service levels and fancy technology (these buses must have
gps?), surely they can prevent this bunching happening!!? Just indicate to
the driver to wait an extra minute at a few stops to let the bus in front
get ahead.

It must be more complex than that I know, but it drives me mad when 3 come
at once.

Jim