Old September 10th 04, 04:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Nestor Badudoy Nestor Badudoy is offline

Default Bendy psychology

Also, on a bus, there are grabrails to hold onto which *should* help in the
event of a sharp braking.

"Jonn Elledge" wrote in message
"Annabel Smyth" wrote in message
Neil Williams wrote to uk.transport.london on Wed, 8 Sep 2004:

Anyway, I personally would rather stand on the bus than, umm, stand at
the bus stop...

I can't understand why we are allowed to stand up on buses, when in a
car one must not only be seated, but have a safety belt into the
bargain. Who said buses were safer - if the driver has to stand on the
brakes, passengers go flying and can hurt themselves.

Perhaps this is because on a bus you're less likely to hit the

windscreen -
or knock the person in front into it. If the bus breaks sharply and you're
standnig in the aisle, even if you're the only one standing so there isn't

group preventing each other from falling, you may hurt yourself but you're
less likely to be killed than in a car.

Jonn