Old September 10th 04, 06:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling
Dave Kahn Dave Kahn is offline

Default Bus driver complaint and OYBike

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 19:08:52 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:

It pains me, as a notorious woolly liberal, to have to agree
wholeheartedly. Riding in the smoke the other day along one of those
hellish contraflow cycle lanes bounded by high kerbs (so overtaking
was almost impossible) a long line of cyclists finally managed to pass
an 8mph old codger on a gas-pipe Raleigh, only to have him wobble
straight past, across a red light and into the next section ahead of
the line. I really did come very close to kicking the old fart off
his bike. And I really am the most gentle of souls, I can only
remember ever hitting one person in my life, and that in self-defence
after I was amushed by a group of yobs.

Also annoying are the ones ones who stop at the light, but not behind
you or alongside you. Instead they overtake you, then stop in front of
you somewhere in the middle of the junction. Then at the next light,
after you've already been track-standing for 20 seconds, they do it
again.

--
Dave...

Get a bicycle. You will not regret it. If you live. - Mark Twain