Old September 11th 04, 08:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Piccadilly Pilot Piccadilly Pilot is offline

Default Taxi complaint - how do I make one?

Mike Hughes wrote:

Why is it that you seem to find so many drivers who've run out of
receipts. Try giving them something extra and see if that works - it
doesn't cost you anything personally as your work will refund it.

On the subject of tipping, why is it that most Australians *never*
give a tip, even after the driver has gone out of his way to be helpful?
I've taken someone from T4 to one of the hotels on the north side of
the airport. Lots of heavy luggage which nearly did my back in then
they waited for the 20p change from £15 for a £14.80 fare! I can control
my
anger but there are times when you feel like letting rip, believe me.

Why do cab drivers expect a tip, don't they get paid by their employer or
earn enough out of their takings if self employed?