Old September 11th 04, 08:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Taxi complaint - how do I make one?

Mike Hughes wrote:
In message , David FitzGerald
writes
I just got home late from work - got a taxi back. My work will
always refund me for a taxi receipt - but in this case the driver
(Black cab number 86423) refused to give me a receipt ("I've none
left mate") and after me asking him to write something on a blank
piece of paper, anything - drove off knocking my head off his open
window (while I was talking to him).

There is no legal requirement for a taxi driver to provide a
receipt for a taxi journey. Did you give the driver a tip? If not
then it's quite possible that the driver won't give a receipt as
this costs him money and he *may* have got a little upset at
someone using his time without payment. As you are getting the
money back it won't cost you anything to give him something extra.

Any other business taking that miserable attitude to customer service
would soon lack any customers. Do you condone driving off while the
customer's head is still inside the taxi? Sounds like assault to me.
--
Richard J.