Old September 11th 04, 12:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive D. W. Feather Clive D. W. Feather is offline

Default Taxi complaint - how do I make one?

In article , Mike Hughes
writes
Did you give the driver a tip? If not then it's quite possible that the
driver won't give a receipt as this costs him money

A tenth of a penny?

and he *may* have got a little upset at someone using his time without
payment.

Excuse me? He got paid for the journey. The initial lump in the price is
supposed to pay for the start and end of the journeys, and that includes
handling the payment and giving a receipt.

On the subject of tipping, why is it that most Australians *never* give
a tip, even after the driver has gone out of his way to be helpful?

I believe you'll find they have come from a culture that doesn't do
tipping, instead paying people for the job. I've had Kiwi colleagues who
have never tipped either.

Why should someone risk injury handling luggage when they can get
exactly the same fare taking people with no luggage?

Swings and roundabouts. You get the right to take fares, but in exchange
you take them *all*. Someone who took your attitude (not in London;
wouldn't take me because I was paying using his consortium's account
rather than cash) found that my formal complaint was the straw that
broke the licensing office's back - he lost his plate.

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work: