Old September 12th 04, 02:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Spicknspan Spicknspan is offline

Default Taxi complaint - how do I make one?

"David FitzGerald" wrote in message
I just got home late from work - got a taxi back. My work will always

refund
me for a taxi receipt - but in this case the driver (Black cab number

86423)
refused to give me a receipt ("I've none left mate") and after me asking

him
to write something on a blank piece of paper, anything - drove off

knocking
my head off his open window (while I was talking to him).

As a black cab driver myself, I'd say that the problem with the receipt,
while annoying, should just be chalked up as one of those things, especially
as you have a supply of blanks. I doubt that a complaint about this would
lead to anything anyway.

However, if he drove off, presumiably in anger, and caused you injury in the
process, I sincerely hope you do complain, as his behaviour reflects on the
trade as a whole.