Old September 12th 04, 12:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mike Hughes Mike Hughes is offline

Default Taxi complaint - how do I make one?

In message , tim
writes

"Mike Hughes" wrote in message
In message , David FitzGerald
writes
I just got home late from work - got a taxi back. My work will always

refund
me for a taxi receipt - but in this case the driver (Black cab number

86423)
refused to give me a receipt ("I've none left mate") and after me asking

him
to write something on a blank piece of paper, anything - drove off

knocking
my head off his open window (while I was talking to him).

There is no legal requirement for a taxi driver to provide a receipt for
a taxi journey.

Yes there is, a Taxi ride is a Vatable supply and VAT rules require
receipts to be issued.

WRONG A taxi ride is not *usually* a VATable ride as most taxi drivers
are self employed and do not take enough to break the VAT threshold.
Therefore a receipt is not legally required.

--
Mike Hughes
at home in Tarring, West Sussex, England