Old September 13th 04, 09:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Oyster photocard??

Kat wrote:
In message , James Penton
writes
I've just applied for my new Student Photocard. On the application
form it says 'During 2004-2005 some students will be issued with
an Oyster photocard'. I read that as a combined Oyster and
photocard in one. Anyone know anything more - Paul? Is that what a
Freedom Pass is like?

Also, when I get my new card, assuming it is a normal photocard,
do I have to change my Oyster too, i.e. are photocards and Oysters
'hard-wired' together?

Newham are issuing library cards and Oysters all in one; the photo
of the bearer is on the card itself.

I assume you mean the photo is on the card that the library systems use,
whether bar code, magnetic stripe or smart (chipped) card. Oyster is
AFAIK a brand name applied only to TfL's smartcards.

I had a company ID card about 15 years ago with the photo and the
technology on one card.
--
Richard J.