Old September 13th 04, 04:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Taxi complaint - how do I make one?

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004, Neil Williams wrote:

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 13:18:09 +0100, "Clive D. W. Feather"
wrote:

I believe you'll find they have come from a culture that doesn't do
tipping, instead paying people for the job. I've had Kiwi colleagues who
have never tipped either.

(Incidentally, I had a meal in a restaurant this evening with a large
group, and said restaurant had a policy of adding 10% "gratuity" for
such groups. I wasn't the organiser, so I didn't fuss - but had I had
anything to do with it, I would have been tempted to zero it; if it is
expected, it should be included in the listed prices.)

The cunning restaurateur will therefore call it a 'service charge'.

tom

--
Who would you help in a fight, Peter van der Linden or Bill Gates?