Old September 14th 04, 08:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london
SJCWHUK SJCWHUK is offline

Default Oyster photocard??

Kat, Do you mean giving the Met Police built in Oyster cards?

If so, they used to give passes that they could use in the gates to get
their free travel but they had to be withdrawn. They were being misused.
:-))

"Kat" wrote in message
In message , James Penton
writes
I've just applied for my new Student Photocard. On the application form
it says 'During 2004-2005 some students will be issued with an Oyster
photocard'. I read that as a combined Oyster and photocard in one.
Anyone know anything more - Paul? Is that what a Freedom Pass is like?

Also, when I get my new card, assuming it is a normal photocard, do I
have to change my Oyster too, i.e. are photocards and Oysters
'hard-wired' together?

Newham are issuing library cards and Oysters all in one; the photo of the
bearer is on the card itself.
I've thought for a while that it might be a good idea for police warrant
cards to be made in a similar way....
--
Kat