Old September 14th 04, 10:03 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Ross Ross is offline

Default Blockade of cross London Thameslink services from Saturday 11th September 2004 until 2005

On 14 Sep 2004 01:18:05 -0700, Boltar wrote in
, seen in uk.railway:

You seem to be under the misguised impression that train services are run
for the benefit of the passengers. They're not. Passengers are merely an
annoyance that has to be put up with and that stop the smooth running of
the full size trainsets the TOCs and LUL get to play with each day.

First bit right, last sentence utterly and totally barking up the
wrong tree.

Sorry I know I'm being sarcastic but it really does feel like that sometimes
and I sometimes really do wonder if they realise its us the passenger these
services are supposed to be for.

No they ain't. Nor are they for the staff, or the companies. They're
run so the politicians can say "Look at all the good things we're
doing for you. We provide train services in areas which really don't
justify them (or) We've spent x billion [of taxpayers money, but they
forget to mention that] on improving services for railway passengers
(or)...." Well, make up your own!

Or, if you're really cynical, they still run because the politicians
aren't willing to take the hit from the electorate if they closed down
even the smallest part of the railway.

--
Ross

From & reply-to addresses will bounce. Reply to the group.