Old September 15th 04, 12:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Bicycle on the tube

In article ,
(Annabel Smyth) wrote:

Dave Arquati wrote to uk.transport.london on Mon, 13 Sep 2004:

I think you'd be pleasantly surprised with yourself. It helps if you
get hold of one of TfL's excellent cycle maps (essentially an A-Z map
with cycle routes overlaid, colour coded according to whether they are
on-road, on-pavement, fully segregated etc. I did a trip between
Kensington & Canary Wharf having never ridden a bike in London before
(or even in anything bigger than a village for that matter!) and it was
a very pleasant experience - except after I'd got back, when the bike
got nicked.

I won't go near a bike in London since someone I loved was killed by a
careless van while riding her bike. No way.... and I hate it that
Husband cycles each day.

Keep your eyes and ears peeled and use back streets where possible. That's
what I do.

--
Colin Rosenstiel