Old September 15th 04, 10:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default Did you waft in from paradise?

Nah... Hendon Central.

Despite frequent, chronic congestion on the M1, the coach/bus operators
seem to like it. Stelios' latest offering is easyBus between Hendon
Central and Luton Airport, with fares from £1 each way. Since I travel
to Luton regularly, I may try this out one weekend, as with Oyster you
get a combined fare from Z1 to Luton of (£1.80 * 2) + (£1 * 2) = £5.60,
which is about half of what you'd pay using the train (although
admittedly it's possible to do Luton to Kensington in an hour by train,
whereas it will probably take two hours with easyBus).

Meanwhile, National Express have launched their "NXL Shuttle" service
between Victoria, Golders Green and Birmingham. The advertising is based
on the fact that Silverlink are withdrawing their cheap train service,
and emphasises that the maximum fare is £20.50 rtn.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7