Old September 15th 04, 10:35 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Peter Masson Peter Masson is offline

Default Blockade of cross London Thameslink services from Saturday 11th September 2004 until 2005

"Jock Mackirdy" wrote in message
In article , James wrote:

I remember that day well. My 2-car 158 from Leicester to Birmingham
was absolutely crush loaded.

Are you saying that MML services were blocked back as far north as

Leicester? There must be more
signal sections between Leicester and Bedford than the total number of

trains in the MML fleet.

Presumably passengers were told that if they travelled towards St Pancras
they'd get stranded at Bedford, so were advised to travel via Nuneaton and
WCML.
Peter