Old September 17th 04, 04:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Bicycle on the tube

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004, Dave Arquati wrote:

Simon wrote:
On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 17:45:58 +0100, Tom Anderson
wrote:

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004, Simon wrote:

I want to take a bicycle from west London to Kings Cross on the

Have you considered riding it?

This is probably a very silly question, but i thought i'd make sure!

Not silly at all. Yes I thought of it but not having ridden a bicycle
for 25 years I thought perhaps it would be a bad idea. I have only
done a few miles in the last week. I have decided not to take the
bike this trip which is tomorrow now. I will have luggage with me.
My next trip next month I will only have a small backpack and will
have got my cycling confidence back I hope :-)

I think you'd be pleasantly surprised with yourself.

I'd agree strongly, especially since there is an excellent route for you -
the grand union canal towpath will get you all the way to Paddington, i
think, then you can use the Seven Stations cycle route to get to Euston.
The former is completely traffic-free; the latter is quite busy, but has
good cycle lanes.

Still, i understand entirely that it's not something you'd want to do
without having cycled in so long. Do have a go next time, though - cycling
shows you the city in a completely different light.

tom

--
Sorry. Went a bit Atari Teenage Riot there. -- Andrew