Old September 17th 04, 06:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Oyster photocard??

In message , at 09:23:13 on
Mon, 13 Sep 2004, Paul Corfield remarked:
I'm not up to date with developments now but it seems that a quieter and
smaller scale test of the combined card / photo option has been decided
upon for those card holders who are a bit less time pressured. If the
process and technology works then I can see such cards being offered as
an option for the future.

Nottingham busses have an "Oyster" card with a photo. They take it with
a little camera next to each ticket window at their central ticket
office. They used to only have "weekly travelcard" options, but now they
have a multiple "daily travelcard" (aka "anytime") that you can use on
any 10 non-consecutive days.

Problem is that while the former had a respectable discount if you used
it 5 days a week over 4 weeks, the latter isn't much cheaper than paying
every day with cash (£1 per leg, £2.30 for unlimited use).

http://www.nctx.co.uk/EasyRider/easyrider_menu.htm