Old September 18th 04, 10:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive R Robertson Clive R Robertson is offline

Default Bicycle on the tube

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 17:45:54 +0100, Tom Anderson
wrote:

I'd agree strongly, especially since there is an excellent route for you -
the grand union canal towpath will get you all the way to Paddington, i
think, then you can use the Seven Stations cycle route to get to Euston.
The former is completely traffic-free; the latter is quite busy, but has
good cycle lanes.

Still, i understand entirely that it's not something you'd want to do
without having cycled in so long. Do have a go next time, though - cycling
shows you the city in a completely different light.

tom

I regularly cycle from Kings Cross to Hammersmith (admittedly only on
Saturdays), and the Seven Stations is one of the routes I use. It's
not too bad, once I get away from the Euston Road.

If anyone would like to be shown the route, I leave Kings Cross at
8:40 on my Brompton -- in good weather only!

Regards,

Clive

--
Clive R Robertson -- AS/400 Programmer.

Webmaster of http://www.osterleypark.org.uk/ -- this describes
a beautiful National Trust property in West London.