Old July 30th 03, 08:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mait001 Mait001 is offline

Default Ticketless Buses Zone 1?

Are you honestly saying you'd foresake an improvement in journey times
(a significant one, based on my European and London bendybus
experience) for a bus queue?

I for one wouldn't.

Neil

To me, a journey is more than a mere utilitarian journey from A to B.

The manner of getting there matters to me. For example, I would favour a
journey in a breezy Routemaster than a stuffy unopening-window heatbox of a bus
any day, and if I saw a Routemaster coming in the distance, I would wait for it
rather than get the first bus, for example, in Oxford Street.

Also, if a very full bus comes, where a seat is unlikely, I invariably wait for
the next one.

And, yes, I do want a seat, preferably near a window, and preferably upstairs,
and preferably not on the sunny side of the bus. None of these factors are
likely to be enhanced by someone pushing past me as I patiently buy my ticket,
in the same way that I NEVER push past someone else queuing for theirs, push
past someone in a shop queue, barge past someone waiting at a pelican crossing
or, come to that, if driving, push my car into a small space that might exist
between the car in front of me and the car beyond it.

These things can be summed up in one word: manners.

Marc.