Old September 23rd 04, 05:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Keith J Chesworth Keith J Chesworth is offline

Default Chimney on Kensington Gore

On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 08:58:13 GMT, "Richard J."
wrote:

Chris Woodhead wrote:
I appreciate I may not be in the right area of expertise to ask this
question, but can anybody shed any light on the history / origins
of the free-standing chimney on Kensington Gore. It's intrigued me
for a while now. I've posed this question on several messageboards
/ newsgroups but have as yet failed to receive a response.

I'd be grateful for any information.

If you mean the chimney next to and south-east of the Royal Albert Hall,
I think it's from the hall's boiler room. A Google search produced a
reference to a chimney and a photo at
http://www.unseenlondon.dns2go.com/r...rt/roofext.htm , but the
site seems to be down at present.

It is indeed.

The site is mine and is hosted on my own server which has had a
motherboard failure.

Need to find time/energy to do a rebuild

Keith J Chesworth
www.unseenlondon.co.uk
www.blackpooltram.co.uk
www.happysnapper.com