Old September 23rd 04, 09:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Underground Train Drivers and Personal Hi Fi's

Steve Fitzgerald wrote:
In message , Kevin Rayner
writes
Are underground train drivers allowed to use personal hi fi's

Personal hifi's what?

Hmm. Borderline case, I feel. The OP could plead use of an apostrophe in
a context "where its omission might posibly lead to confusion"
[Fowler/Burchfield]. On the other hand, he omitted two question marks
and joined two sentences with a comma, which are *much* more serious
offences.
;-)

The answer is, no they are not allowed to use personal hifis (or
mobile phones for that matter).

Glad to hear it.
--
Richard J.