Old September 24th 04, 11:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Stansted to Barking

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 10:13:25 GMT, Jiminy wrote:

Arriving at Stansted Airport, suppose I'll take the Stansted
Express/Skytrain to Liverpool Street Station.

To go to Barking, may I be dropped along the route or I must go first
at Liverpool Str Station, then from there take the tube?

For instance, dropping at Tottenham Hale allow me to reach Barking
easily?

Or exists a better alternative?

You could catch the National Express A9 coach to Stratford and then
local bus 238 or

http://www.nationalexpress.com/nxairport/stansted.cfm

http://www.busmap.org/tt/A09.pdf
http://www.busmap.org/tt/238.pdf

the same coach to Stratford then Jubilee Line to West Ham and then
District Line or H&C Line to Barking.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/pdfdocs/colormap.pdf
http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/content/tubem...s/District.pdf
http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/content/tubem...circlehamm.pdf
http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/content/tubem...ps/Jubilee.pdf

Or Train to Tottenham Hale then 123 bus to Ilford then bus 169, 179 or
369 to Barking. The 123 stops right outside Tottenham Hale station
(stop V on the map) in the little bus station area while it is a simple
change between buses in Ilford (get off at stop N) and get on at stop L.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/buses/spiders/pdf/tottenham.pdf
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/buses/spiders/pdf/ilford.pdf

http://www.busmap.org/tt/123.pdf
http://www.busmap.org/tt/169.pdf
http://www.busmap.org/tt/179.pdf
http://www.busmap.org/tt/369.pdf

All the buses are frequent and are only £1 per journey.
--
Paul C