Old September 24th 04, 04:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
LarryLard LarryLard is offline

Default Stansted to Barking

"Paul Weaver" wrote in message ...
"Jiminy" wrote in message
Arriving at Stansted Airport, suppose I'll take the Stansted
Express/Skytrain to Liverpool Street Station.

To go to Barking, may I be dropped along the route or I must go first
at Liverpool Str Station, then from there take the tube?

For instance, dropping at Tottenham Hale allow me to reach Barking
easily?

Or exists a better alternative?

Tottenham Hale to Barking involves one stop on the victoria to blackhorse
road, then a train to barking. The easiest way is Train to Liverpool street
and then H&C to barking.

I agree, I don't think there's anything to be gained by not going all
the way to London Liverpool St. Looking at my London Connections map
suggests there is a limited train (as opposed to London Underground)
service from Liverpool St direct to Barking; I imagine this is a
peak-hours-only service, so your best bet would probably be to take
the Hammersmith&City line as suggested.

ObUTL: Looking again at this map: the GOBLin has really poor
connections doesn't it!

--
Larry Lard
Replies to group please