Old July 30th 03, 09:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport
Roger H. Bennett Roger H. Bennett is offline

Default What's the LAW/RULING on TEA-BREAKS at WORK

"James Farrar" wrote in message
Gunjani wrote:

I ask this because at my previuos employment we were entitled to a
morning & afternoon paid 10min tea-break and 1 hour unpaid lunch-break.
But in the railway industry its reported that all employees are entitled
to 20 minutes unpaid break AFTER working for 6 hours... Is this true,
but more importantly acceptable?

It's true. That's the lunchbreak. If you work more than a six hour day,
you're entitled to a 20 minute break. Most workplaces will insist you
take at least half an hour.

See http://www.dti.gov.uk/er/work_time_r...6.htm#section6 for the legal
requirements.

Roger