Old July 30th 03, 10:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mait001 Mait001 is offline

Default Ticketless Buses Zone 1?

But if you have a ticket for a particular flight, they have to either
let you on it *or* get you to your destination another way *or* severely
compensate you. Assuming you observe the listed check-in time, of course.

I've never been bumped from a flight, but I'm always at the airport well
before the time they tell me to have checked in by.

Not much use in being over-compensated if you miss a wedding or funeral, which
is why I gave those as an example.

I agree with early arrival: I too am usually there well before the minimum
check-in time. But, in certain Caribbean countries where I have checked in,
palm-greasing is necessary to get a guaranteed seat, WHATEVER time one checks
in!

If you think reasoned debate is a "rant", than that says more about you

than it
does about me.

Comparing a minor etiquette violation to a major crime may not be a
rant, but it certainly isn't reasoned debate.

Maybe I have overstated my case by comparing a queue-jumper to a paedophile
(but I do detest both), but queue jumping is rather more than a mere "minor
etiquette violation" and was, until recently, in London, a breach of by-laws.

Marc.