Old September 25th 04, 12:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Morton Morton is offline

Default Moorgate - Closed to WAGN for 1 year

"Colin" wrote in message

"Morton" wrote in message
According to WAGN's website the escalators runnning between the Northern
Line and the Ticket Hall have to be replaced. Work will start from
27/09/04 and last for an entire year.

Oh well, at least you will have a nice walk down from Old Street station
every morning (or fight for a bus, or squeeze onto the Northern Line).

I work near Tower Hill. To destress before work I would often walk (20 mins)
between Moorgate and work. Buying food in M&S or shopping in Gap/M&S/Next
around Moorgate was something I quite liked. Passing by Swiss Re was always
uplifting. Now I'll just get the Northern line from Old Street to Bank. The
word **** springs to mind.