Old September 25th 04, 02:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mark Mark is offline

Default Cul-de-sacking

"John Rowland" wrote in message ...
Or, best of all, to locate barriers through the neighbourhood such
that through routes will still exist to enable us residents to get out in
any direction, but they will be so zigzaggy that no-one will use the
neighbourghood as a cut through any more.

Fine. But I hope that you nimbies never expect to drive past my house.

You see, for years there's been this implicit agreement that we don't
complain about you driving past our houses, and in return you don't
complain about us driving past your houses... everyone gets to drive
where they want, and we're all happy, even if we have to put up with
the odd car going past. Now, it seems, selfish nimbies like you want
to stop us from driving past your house, yet you expect to be able to
drive past ours.

Mark