Old September 26th 04, 03:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Aidan Stanger Aidan Stanger is offline

Default New London Connections map...

Jonn Elledge wrote:
"Dave Arquati" wrote...
Jonn Elledge wrote:
...shows Imperial Wharf and Shepherd's Bush on the West London line.

Just to clarify for others, we're talking about the ATOC London
Connections map rather than the TfL one. The URL is:
http://nrekb.com/downloads/connections.pdf

Originally the opening date for these two stations was February 2005
(can't remember where I got that from). "Summer" isn't too bad though.
Driving along the West Cross Route last weekend, I did notice that
construction appears to have started in earnest at the White City
development (at last). The slip roads from the A3220 had been in situ
and waiting for traffic for quite a while now!

By the time these stations are opened, they will probably be governed by
TfL in terms of branding (Overground Network) and fares (Tube paper
single tickets already valid between West Brompton & Willesden Jcn).

Am I alone in thinking that the opening of Shepherd's Bush WLL station would
be a good time to rename one or other of the LUL stations?

Am I alone in thinking that Shepherd's Bush Central should be the new
name for Shepherd's Bush (Central Line)?

It's confusing enough having two stations with the same name that don't
provide an interchange (see also Bethnal Green

....where they can repeat the trick!

and Edgware Road);

Does anyone have any suggestions for this?

but if only one of them provides an interchange with a third line it could
start to cause problems. An H&C station at White City would make things
even more confusing.

I think the best solution there is to make it one large station.