Old July 30th 03, 11:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Dave is offline

Default Oystercards on DLR

Gunjani writes
Incidently can anyone help me on the following:
What is the UK or EU working time law/byelaw/ruling/directive on
paid/unpaid teabreaks at one's workplace especially in the railway
industry.

I ask this because at my previuos employment we were entitled to a
morning & afternoon paid 10min tea-break and 1 hour unpaid lunch-break.
But in the railway industry its reported that all employees are
entitled to 20 minutes unpaid break AFTER working for 6 hours... Is
this true, but more importantly acceptable?

Yep, that's the minimum requirement of the European Working Time
Directive.

--
Dave