Old September 27th 04, 02:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin May Robin May is offline

Default More details on new victoria line trains......

"Richard J." wrote the following in:

Robin May wrote:
"John Rowland" wrote the
following in:

wrote in message
ps.com...

http://www.transportation.bombardier...hotography.jsp
looks like a central line train on steroids........

Unfortunately it lacks the 92 stock's curved windows, so you
won't be able to tip your head back and look at the clouds...
;-)

Seriously though, those windows are very small. They look like
they might be small enough to make it a bit tricky to see what
station you're at.

I don't think they are very different from 1995 or 1996 stock (not
that I'm a great fan of them). Compare with this photo of a 95 at
Morden: http://world.nycsubway.org/perl/show?12422

Actually on second thought you are right, they just looked rather small
to me at first glance. I think windows which are small (but not
unhelpfully so) is quite a good idea on the Victoria line because it
means that less light will be lost out the windows so the interior
should be a bit brighter.

--
message by the incredible Robin May.
"The British don't like successful people" - said by British failures

Who is Abi Titmuss? What is she? Why is she famous?
http://robinmay.fotopic.net