Old September 27th 04, 08:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default GOBLIN connections was Stansted to Barking

John Rowland wrote:
"Richard J." wrote in message

According to the TfL Journey Planner, the Victoria line
crosses the Piccadilly near Rowley Gardens bus stop
on Green Lanes. Ask it for a journey from Seven Sisters
to Manor House and look at the "end map" for Manor
House on a route which uses both lines.

Portrayal of tube lines on these maps is random. I can't comment on
the portrayal of the Victoria Line here, but the Central Line at
Shepherds Bush is clearly wrong, as is the portrayal of the W&C at
Waterloo.

OK, so it's not perfect, but it's certainly not random. I'd say it gets
closer to the true geographic route of the tube lines than any modern
map that I've seen.

For example, ask it for a route from NW1 4PT (postcode) to Westminster
(station). You should get a walk to Baker Street followed by one tube
journey (Jubilee). Click on the Start Map for the walk, and you'll see
the rather surprising but reasonably accurate course of the Jubilee Line
"south" of Baker Street.
--
Richard J.