Old September 27th 04, 11:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london
James James is offline

Default Stansted to Barking

"Richard J." wrote in message ...
Phil Richards wrote:
On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 13:26:35 +0100 Clive D. W. Feather
clive@on-the- train.demon.co.uk said...

8? It's under a minute from the platforms the Stansted Express
uses to the Eastbound H&C. Even worst case (Westbound H&C to
platform 18) is only 2 or 3 minutes.

No doubt the 8 minutes interchange is that built in to the journey
planner. May be for someone who has no luggage and is physically
fit may easily cope with the connection in a couple of minutes,
other situations may be different.

The Journey Planner defaults to "Average" walking speed, which is quite
slow. I usually (if I remember) change it to "Fast", which used to be
about 3 mph. However the new version of the TfL JP has changed my
normal 10-minute walk to my local tube station to 16 minutes, so I'm not
sure what they're up to.

I've just tried to see what they use for Liverpool Street transfer
times, but they seem to have stopped quoting transfer times, which
further damages my confidence in the JP. (It seems to be giving ever
more bizarre results. For a journey yesterday, it asked me to get off a
bus in mid-journey and wait for the one behind on the same route with
the same destination! It also warned me about Hammersmith & City Line
delays on my *bus* route.)

If you want a real laugh try www.transportdirect.info

First it offered car (46 minutes) on the M11, A414, A406, A118, A123,
and A124.

After I told the sodding thing not to drive, it declared that there
was no way of getting from Stansted Airport to Barking by public
transport...