Old September 28th 04, 05:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry Paul Terry is offline

Default taxi cost? kings cross-westminster?

In message , tab
writes

Not sure if asking in the correct news group.
I need to know the approx cost of a taxi from kings cross to City Inn
Hotel,Westminster!

As Helen said, it depends when (taxis are more in the evenings and at
weekends) and how busy it is - £10 is probably the minimum.

I know the tube will be cheaper but is is a straight forward journey and
approx cost?

You can go directly from King's Cross to Pimlico on the Victoria line.
You don't have to change and it will take about 13 minutes (which will
almost certainly be quicker than by taxi). Fare is £2.

The hotel is about 10 mins walk from Pimlico station - or you could get
a very short taxi ride if you have luggage,

--
Paul Terry