Old September 28th 04, 06:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
JWBA68 JWBA68 is offline

Default Holyhead - electrified? (re metro article)

Slightly off-topic, but I read the article in Metro today (pg3) Branson.
They mentioned that the Pendolinos running on the London - North Wales route
was cancelled on it's first day, so "old-fashioned diesel" alternatives were
used. This seems somewhat misleading - isn't the Holyhead route
non-electrified? Don't Virgin plan to run diesels (ie Pendolino+Class 57)
on this route anyway?

The way that I understood it was that the Pendelino + Class 57 did fail on it
first advertised trip and passengers had to continue part of their journey on
an 'old fashioned diesel'.

Burkey