Old September 28th 04, 09:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Ken says yes to Crystal Palace tram extension

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 10:32:40 +0000 (UTC), "Piccadilly Pilot"
wrote:

You're overlooking one vital factor, people don't like buses. They are
perceived as a poor quality product.

Which is because, in the way they are operated in this country, they
generally *are* a poor-quality product. This applies to everything
from the vehicles themselves to ticketing, staff, routes,
co-ordination, information, connections and so on.

While living in Germany, where most of this is done much more
professionally, I did not see such a stigma.

It'll take a long time to reverse this, but I see TfL are doing a lot
more about it than anywhere else in the country.

Neil

--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK
To e-mail use neil at the above domain