Old September 29th 04, 12:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mike Hughes Mike Hughes is offline

Default taxi cost? kings cross-westminster?

In message , tab
writes
Not sure if asking in the correct news group.
I need to know the approx cost of a taxi from kings cross to City Inn
Hotel,Westminster!

Depends upon time and traffic conditions. Fare would be about £15 plus
or minus a couple of pounds.

Make sure you only use a licensed taxi (commonly known as 'black cabs'
although they come in different colours now). The taxi rank is inside
the station next to the platform on the E side (can't remember the
platform number, but if you are on the concourse looking at the tracks
it's the one farthest right) and the exit is in York Way.

I know the tube will be cheaper but is is a straight forward journey and
approx cost?

City Inn Hotel is quite a walk from Pimlico station, especially if you
have luggage, and it's not easy to find of you don't know where it is.

Any help appreciated

Hope this helps you.

Mike
(a London taxi driver)

--
Mike Hughes
at home in Tarring, West Sussex, England