Old September 29th 04, 06:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Marc Brett Marc Brett is offline

Default Bus Stop Displays

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 23:16:04 +0100, "John Rowland"
wrote:

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
.. .

there are well known problems with the Countdown system
which means that the displays cannot always be relied upon.
I understand a new system is being procured by TfL (it was
certainly in the EU OJEC process) - whether it's still in the
budget and when it will be implemented I cannot say.

I hope it will be specified better than the current system, which uses a
relatively expensive display but doesn't tell people what they really want
to know. A much more useful system could be produced a lot more cheaply. Who
can I write to about this?

How DOES it work anyway? I've looked for technical info on the system but have
found nothing.