Old September 29th 04, 07:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Dan Gravell Dan Gravell is offline

Default Bus Stop Displays

Neil Williams wrote:
On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 20:06:11 GMT, "Peter Lawrence"
wrote:

Am I just unlucky or is the real time information displayed atbus
stops always fictional, meaning it has little relation to which buses
actually arrive and when?

I think you're just unlucky (or the system doesn't work well on the
routes you use). My experience of it is that, when it is working at
all (which is the main problem), the information tends to be of
reasonable quality.

This is the thing: "when it is working". The biggest problem with it is
that seemingly every time that I walk to bus stops near where I live the
familiar "COUNTDOWN" display warns of another failure.

Plus there was the great time I saw a 319 due in 10 minutes... 9... 8...
3...2...1... went past the bus stop on the other side of the road. I
hope it was just co-incidence

Dan