Old September 29th 04, 12:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default More details on new victoria line trains......

"John Ray" wrote in message
John Rowland wrote:

That will be fine on the Victoria Line because it's
devoid of tight curves, but benditrains on curvier
lines sound lethal. I know it works on the Croydon
trams, but they are not as packed as a tube train.

This may be true in general, but trams from Wimbledon
in the evening peak are packed solid; people are left
behind on the platform because the capacity is inadequate.

My thinking was muddled anyway... the floor area wouldn't change as the
train went around a corner, so no-one would get crushed, although the
sporadic body rubbing between people on the disc and the people either side
would be interesting. You'd know when you were heading for the Caxton Curve
by the procession of "OOOH"s advancing down the train.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped