Old September 29th 04, 12:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry Paul Terry is offline

Default Holborn Viaduct

In message , Annabel Smyth
writes

While we are on this subject, could someone please tell me why, when it
first opened, City Thameslink Station was called "St Paul's Thameslink";
or was the latter only a temporary station while the City Thameslink was
building?

It was changed because apparently people confused it with St Paul's on
the Central line and assumed there was a convenient interchange between
the two.

In fact, the original St Paul's station was what is now Blackfriars
(Thameslink) - the name was changed in 1937 when LT renamed "Post
Office" on the Central Line as "St Paul's".
--
Paul Terry