Old September 29th 04, 05:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Lawrence Peter Lawrence is offline

Default Holborn Viaduct

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 14:02:36 +0100, "Dave Liney"
wrote:

"Annabel Smyth" wrote in message
news
While we are on this subject, could someone please tell me why, when it
first opened, City Thameslink Station was called "St Paul's Thameslink";

To avoid confusion with St Paul's Underground station. Not that confusing
repetition of station names seems to bother LU.

But there was a plan to link the two St Paul's's at one stage which
would have made the names sensible.
--
Peter Lawrence