Old September 29th 04, 07:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] kinslerp@delillo.lsr.ph.ic.ac.uk is offline

Default Bus Stop Displays

John Rowland wrote:
"Paul Corfield" wrote in message

there are well known problems with the Countdown system
which means that the displays cannot always be relied upon.
I understand a new system is being procured by TfL (it was
certainly in the EU OJEC process) - whether it's still in the
budget and when it will be implemented I cannot say.

I hope it will be specified better than the current system, which uses a
relatively expensive display but doesn't tell people what they really want
to know.

OK, "the next bus 13 will be here in (an estimated) 8 minutes" --
this isn't what I wanted to know? Or isn't this what the displays
are telling me?

#Paul